Information for Sponsors, Exhibitors, Recruiters and Advertisers
The Excellence in Journalism 2019 conference in San Antonio is set to be the journalism event of the year and will be host to top news professionals from broadcast, print and digital newsrooms around the country.
These rules and regulations [PDF] are intended by Excellence in Journalism (EIJ) to serve the best interest of the conference, the exhibitors, registrants, and to give notice to applicants and exhibitors of governing rules and regulations. All applicants are bound by the rules and regulations.
Please contact Holly Rose with your questions, for more information and/or to create a package that meets your needs. Holly can be reached via email or by phone at 856-380-6890.
EIJ Sponsorship Policy
Approved February 2019
- Both media and non-media entities will be allowed to sponsor sessions/events, and to propose session ideas and speakers. Proposals will be vetted by the EIJ Planning Committee. Once proposals are accepted, the Committee and its designated producer will assume full responsibility for participants, topics, times, places, etc.
- Neither media nor non-media entities may offer speaking fees for sessions/events they sponsor. SPJ, RTDNA or the EIJ Planning Committee may choose in certain circumstances to use sponsor or grant monies to provide fees to speakers.
- Neither media nor non-media entities may cover expenses for speakers participating in sessions/events they sponsor. SPJ, RTDNA or the EIJ Planning Committee may choose in certain circumstances to use sponsor or grant monies to cover speaker expenses.
- EIJ partners will retain the right of refusal over all sponsors, exhibitors or advertisers, with contracts reviewed by the executive directors of partner groups before accepting.
- EIJ partners will disclose its policies on sponsorship of sessions/events to potential sponsors in sales materials for EIJs and other appropriate publications or web pages.